Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good News For Babies.........unless you are 19 weeks preborn......

I continue to be amazed at headlines in the news.  If you go to News 9 page, the first story is about the puppy  to be adopted after surviving two attempts at puttting him to sleep. "Adoption Process Beginning For Puppy Who Survived Euthanasia".  You know where I'm going with this.  Irony.  Born Alive Infant Act.  Barack Obama.  Vote No for the babies who survive abortion.  In America, we have so changed  lanquage that words don't mean what they used to. Gay. Not. Awesome describing God. Not. Actually, awsome means dreadful. Don't want to know that, that God is to be feared and dreaded, for His actions toward sin. 
AP
Oklahoma House has approved a measure barring abortions on fetuses more than 20 weeks after conception.  So let's change the lanquage: Oklahoma House Has approved a measure barring ethanasia for puppies more than 20 days after conception.  Well, it's only 42 days for puppies. Imagine the uprise for the puppies.  I love puppies.
The measure passed on a 94-2 vote Wednesday WITHOUT  debate and now goes to the Senate.  Representative Pam Peterson of Tulsa, says research indicates pain receptors exist in a fetus that is 16 weeks , four months, old and nerves linking the receptors to the brain exist by 20 weeks.  While this is good news for you if you are 19 weeks in the womb, and we appreciate Pam's effort, what we have done is move the bar for babies. It's called the Overton Window, or the Third Way, or Antithesis verses Thesis.  I have the video described in my last post "The Silent Scream".  It is clear this baby is trying to escape the instruments and is shown "screaming" in the first trimester.  So while this sounds like a victory, in truth, it is not. Now we feel good about a pro-life vote. It is actuallly NOT a victory.  It is a defeat for babies. So what should I do?  Should I send her the video or call? I think I'll call and thank her and find out how she came to 20 weeks.  I will pray before I call.

No comments:

Post a Comment